- Ed Grants Forecast
- This document lists virtually all programs and competitions under which the U.S. Department of Education has invited applications for new awards as well as actual or estimated award amounts and deadline dates for receipt of applications.
- eSchool News Funding Center
- This site provides tips on technology funding, and information on on grant programs and funding sources for k-12 education.
- Federal Register
- Lists Notices Inviting Applications for grants to be awarded by the U.S. Department of Education.
FEDIX Opportunity Alert
- Register to receive grant information from participating federal agencies. This service is provided at no registration fee or user costs. The results of a daily search of new funding opportunities from participating federal agencies matching your area(s) of interest will be e-mailed directly to you on the next business day.
- Money Matters
- The U. S. Department of Education provides a variety of information related to funding opportunities, including introductory articles, writing tips, and grant notices.
- This site lists federal, state, and foundation grant opportunities benefiting K-12 schools, educators, and students. Also find proposals writing tips and other information to help your proposal- writing process.
- Technology Connections | Funding for Technology
- By MCREL, this site provides reports, articles, bibliographies, strategies, grant/proposal writing, and funding sources.
- What Should I Know About Education Grants?
- Important grants information for new and experienced grant seekers at the Department of Education.
- Bell South Foundation
- Promotes improved student outcomes in elementary and secondary education through systemic grant-making programs targeting the Southeastern US. Provides criteria and restrictions as well as an online application form.
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Education grants are divided into three categories: 1) Professional Development - designed to promote leadership in the district, school and classroom; 2) School and District Grants - Recognizes high-achieving schools and districts; and 3) Scholarship Programs - Aides in removing financial barriers to higher education.
- Cisco Systems, Inc. Education Programs
- Education Empowerment Program for qualifying k-12 schools can receive products and services at approximately $10,000.
- Dow Chemical Company Grants
- Dow offers K-12 education grants in three areas: math and science, teacher training, and parental involvement. They further categorize the K-12 programs or areas qualified to receive donations as school districts and school boards - rather than individual schools, national, state and local programs that benefit Dow communities, and programs that increase participation and achievement of minorities and females in math and science.
- Districts can apply for WorldCom Foundation professional development for MarcoPolo. Participants receive on-site training, as well as, a copy of the MarcoPolo Teacher Training Kit, including a trainer's guide, CD-ROM, mouse pad and classroom poster.
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- NEH provides grants to individuals and institutions. Grants support programs for research in the humanities as well as educational opportunities for teachers. Check the "Match an Idea to a Program" link to find a grant opportunity that best suits your project or program.
Proposal Writing Tools
- Using Needs Assessment to Build a Strong Case for Funding
- This presentation will provide strategies and tips on how to conduct needs assessment to build a strong case for funding. The presentation is for anyone who is applying for technology grants. A set of seven surveys designed to assess the schools technology status and stakeholders perspectives on the use of technology in teaching and learning from school faculty, students, parents, administrators, technology coordinators, and business and community members. Now available in Adobe PDF.
- Chardon Press
- Find books providing tips on proposal writing, finding funding resources, managing funded projects, and more.