Leadership in Technology
Leadership is an important issue in integrating technology into the curriculum. Here are some resources for leadership in technology.
- SEIR*TEC Resources for Leaders
Lessons Learned: Factors Influencing the Effective Use of Technology for Teaching and Learning
- In this second edition, SEIR*TEC staff shed some light on the factors that influence technology adoption by sharing some of the lessons learned and observations made while providing technical assistance and professional development to resource-poor schools across the region from 1995 to 2000. Additionally, accompanying each lesson are suggested steps that educators might take in order to mover their technology programs forward and a story from one of the SEIR*TEC intensive site schools.
Planning into Practice
- Now available in downloadable print form Adobe PDF downloadable file. Based on previous work with SEIR*TEC intensive sites this document provides a variety of tools, examples, and stories useful in helping districts and schools create strategic educational technology plans.
Promising Practices in Technology: Recognizing and Supporting Teaching with Technology
What changes in teaching strategies do technology users experience as they learn to integrate technology into teaching and learning? View video excerpts from this SERVE Promising Practices in Technology video series for a glimpse of teachers using technology within the context of the five Apple Classrooms of Tomorrow (ACOT) stages.
- Other Resources for Leadership
Apple's Leadership in K-12 Education
- Resources to help your school or district make choices about hardware and other elements that you need to be successful with learning technologies.
Education Leadership Toolkit
A project of the National School Boards Foundation implemented by NSBA's Institutefor the Transfer of Technology to Education with a grant from the National Science Foundation.
International Center for Leadership in Education
Under the leadership of Dr. Willard R. Daggett, the International Center serves as a catalyst for change for schools, districts, and states seeking to improve their education systems.
- Leadership and the New Technologies
- Supports school and district leaders responsible for planning and implementing the use of technology to enhance teaching and learning in their schools.
- National Staff Development Council (NSDC)
- NSDC is the largest non-profit professional association committed to staff development for educators. This site offers a Code of Ethics for staff developers and providers, Standards for staff development, publications, links, and discussion forums.
A list of links to national leadership associations and councils.