Northside High is entering its second year as a Title I high school. As one of its goals, the school is committed to provide professional staff development and technology skills to teachers, students and parents. The reason for the school’s participation in the School Team Academy is to devise a comprehensive plan that will articulate the School Improvement and Technology Plans. The committee will devise strategies for utilizing technology and inservicing teachers in order to enhance their knowledge of technology and encourage the integration of it in the classroom.
Finally, the members of the committee will compile a comprehensive bibliography of resources that teachers will utilize in the construction of their lesson plans. This plan will provide for the use of technology across the curriculum, discovery of additional software that will assist students with varied learning styles.
1. The charts represents the committee completed task
2. The committee has compiled a Resource Binder with sample web sites that teachers will use to create varied lesson plans.
3. There already exist a technology and a school improvement plan. The committee will continue to develop and make adjustment, additions to the plans. As the indviduals (teachers, students) become proficient in various technology skills, more mentors will be available to assist others to become proficient. This includes teachers as well as students.
4. The committee proposes the establishment of the NETT (Northside Empowerment Technology Team) which consists of administrators, teachers as mentors, and a student. The responsibility of the Team will be to provide inservices, and mentoring to all individuals needing assistance. The team will also implement and evaluate programs pertinent to the technology plan.
5. The committee proposes the establishment of the STAT (Student Technical Assistant Team). These students will assist teachers and students. They will perform routine maintenance of computers and assist with minor problems. They will also be available to instruct other students on the use and implementation of programs.