GRITS is a five-year, web-based catalyst for engaging teachers in the development, use, and assessment of standards-based activities that promote collaborative, constructivist learning. The form and substance of the project is the result of intensive collaborative work among SEIR"TEC staff, consultants, and interdisciplinary teams of preK16 educators from the SERVE region.
Project work consists of
- Developing collaborative projects
- Linking projects' content to state standards
- Developing multiple means of assessing student learning
- Designing professional development
- Investigating emerging technologies that support the project goal
- The project's content reflects a spectrum of relevant, interdisiplinary, and interwoven resources that suport teachers from the Southeast as they become both active participants in the project's online activities and developers of their own problem based, standards-based learning ventures.