. . . . Continued
- Alabama Music Hall of FameThis is the web site of the Alabama Music Hall of Fame.
- A Medley called South Carolina This web site is an interactive supplement to the SCETV program, Circle of Inheritance.
- Center for the Study of Southern Culture This is the website of the Center for the Study of Southern Culture at the University of Mississippi. It provides information and collections related to education and research on the American South.
- Documenting the American South (DAS)This web site, sponsored by the Academic Affairs Library at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, is a collection of sources on Southern history, literature, and culture from the colonial period through the first decades of the 20th century.
Florida's Web World Wonders - This web site contains teacher resources and student activities for a variety of different ecosystems in Florida. Webcams are coming online in several new areas in 2001. Web World Wonders is part of the US Distance Learning Consortium's Star Schools Project.
- Georgia Music Hall of FameThis is the website of the Georgia Music Hall of Fame.
- Lighthouse Getaway! This website offers a collection of lighthouses from around the world.
- Lighthouse HeritageThis is the website of the the National Maritime Initiative Lighthouse Sites.
- Mississippi Musicians Hall of Fame This is the website of the Mississippi Musicians Hall of Fame.
- The Mississippi: River of Song This PBS website is connected to the Smithsonian Institution series for public television and radio. It explores the richness and vitality of American music at the close of the twentieth century through live performances and intimate discussions with musicians along the course of the Mississippi River.
- South Carolina National Heritage Corridor - This link includes a photographic tour of South Carolina as well as route maps and links to events. Visitors can take the Discovery Route or the Heritage Route.
- South Carolina Images- This collection of images of South Carolina sites and scenes is provided for teachers to use in classrooms. The collection was compiled by a Preparing Tomorrow's Teachers to Use Technology project at Francis Marion University (Florence, SC)
- Southern Compendium This website offers a collection of online resources on the American South.
- Southern CulturesThis online magazine, published by the University of North Carolina Press, contains reviews of books about the South and an audio section. This online version of the publication contains images and sounds not available in the print version.
- U.S. National ATLAS 2000 ONLINEThis is the first release of the USA National Atlas data Online containing map data layers compiled by the USGS as part of their National Atlas of USA Project, plus Elevation and Geology. Although this is a fee-based site, there are several features that can be accessed for free.
- Web Resources for North Carolina EducatorsThis website offers educators a collection of various online resources.
- Web World Wonders - This is a rich website on the Florida natural habitats. It offers pictures, maps, environmental information, teacher resources, student activities, and live web cams about the coastal, aquatic, and upland ecosystems.
State Curriculum Standards