Procedures for Participation
- Classes wishing to participate must register.
- Once project registration has been confirmed, classes may find it beneficial to research the art of quilt-making to kickoff the project.
- Next, classes will research their communities and local areas for the purpose of finding information and items to place on their "digital patch" (a digital picture).
- Classes will create a "digital patch" that represents their community or local area. These patches can be hand-drawn, then digitally photographed or scanned, or they can be created using some kind of drawing/imaging software. Regardless of how the patch is created, ALL patches must be submitted electronically in JPEG or GIF format (100K maximum).
- Each "digital patch" must be accompanied by a brief narrative (500 word limit) describing the community and the patch. The narrative can be in the body of the e-mail or attached as a text file.
- E-mail the patch and the narrative to the project coordinator..
- Once the "Digital Community Quilt" patch is posted, you will be notified of the Quilt's website via e-mail.
How To Register
To register, send an e-mail to the Project Coordinator, Margaret Bingham, at Please include the following information in your e-mail.
- Teacher name
- School name
- School address
- Grade level of participating class
- E-mail address (preferably the teacher's)
- URL of your school's website (if applicable)
- Geographical setting of your school (urban, rural, or suburban)
View the Digital Community Quilt
Back to Community Digital Quilt Project Page