Writing Winning Technology Proposals
Writing Proposals That Work
- Purpose of the session:
- Provide an introduction to successful proposal writing.
- How participants prepare for the session:
- Participants were asked bring the application packet or RFP for any grant for which they were interested in applying.
- What happens at the session (180 minutes):
- In this double session, the facilitator drew on professional experience to introduce participants to the basics of successful proposal writing. Six broad topics were covered: learning terminology; identifying sources of funding; reviewing successful proposals; understanding proposal components; what reviewers look for; and, tips for winning.
The following session handouts are available online: Managing the Development of a Federal Grant Proposal, Sample Review Criteria, and Improving Your Chances of Winning a Grant.
- Elizabeth Byrom, Director of Technology in Learning at SERVE and the primary author of 14 successful proposals, facilitated this session.
- Related Links and Readings:
For information on potential sources of funding click here.