Procedures for Participation
- Classes wishing to participate must register (see below).
Prior to registration, classes should review the following activities and select at least one to complete.
- What's in a Name? - This activity requires students to research the history of specific hurricanes, write of Hurricane Brief containing specific information, and plot its course on a map.
- Are Hurricanes Bulls or Bears? - This activity requires students to research the performance of the stock market during a hurricane or collection of hurricanes.
- Under Pressure! - This activity requires students to explore the concept of barometric pressure and collect related data on at least two different hurricanes.
- Once project registration has been confirmed, the class should complete the activity in a timely fashion.
- At the completion of the activity, products must be submitted for posting to the Online Hurricane Digest.
- Visit the Online Hurricane Digest.
How To Register
To register, send an e-mail to the Project Coordinator, Dan Shoemaker, at . Please include the following information in you e-mail.
- Teacher name
- School name
- School address
- Grade level of participating class
- E-mail address (preferably the teachers)
- URL of your school's website (if applicable)
- Geographical setting of your school (urban, rural, or suburban)
- Selected activity(ies) from the list above.